SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING SPECIALIST*
(Social Media and Online Community Management)
The Social Media Marketing Specialist Track is designed and developed to produce professionals who excel at devising effective social media marketing campaigns/programs as well as manage branded social media properties with the goal of increasing customer loyalty, engagement, brand perception and market share. These professionals are able to design and implement effective social media marketing campaigns for organizations including overall social media creative content and strategy development as well as tactical execution. Core skills include analyzing and tracking each campaign’s success across paid, earned, and owned media, against the organization’s goals, benchmark results against competitors and provide ongoing recommendations.
Social Media Marketing Specialists must also understand and apply a framework for online community management. They should be able to leverage on success factors for building online communities, such as: community participant rewards, developing influencers within the community, creating customs, and developing significance and recognition for the community even *outside* the community.
The Social Media Specialist Track is designed and developed by industry practitioners and professionals to provide students a strong foundation and deep understanding of social media and online community strategies, trends, and technologies.
At the end of the track, the participant should be able to:
- Based on a framework, design and implement Social Media Marketing strategies for organizations, including company-wide social media branding and product-specific campaigns. Create a comprehensive Social Media Marketing plan that leverages on various types of social media, such as:
- Social Networks (Facebook, Google+)
- Photo sharing (flickr, instagram)
- Video (YouTube, Vimeo)
- Micro Blogging (Twitter, Plurk)
- Publishing (Wikipedia, Blogger)
- Live-casting (ustream, justin.tv)
- Crowd Sourcing (Yahoo Answers)
- Virtual Worlds
- Gaming (World of warcraft)
- Conversation Apps (Yahoo Messenger, Skype, Chikka)
- Execute social media campaigns and implementation of custom promotions/contents, create and enhance an organization’s social media properties, manage an organization’s social media properties, conversational monitoring, viral video/content distribution throughout social media sites, etc. (Note: course will include some/limited modules on online media relations also, including blogger & influencer outreach, creation)
- Monitor and validate a social media program’s marketing quality and effectiveness. Track results against a range of campaign goals/metrics. Proactively suggest ways to improve the program’s effectiveness.
- Deeply understand and apply a framework for online community management. Be able to leverage on success factors for building online communities, such as: community participant rewards, developing influencers within the community, creating customs, and developing significance and recognition for the community even *outside* the community
* We treat Online Community Management (with marketing objectives) as part of overall social media marketing. In larger organizations, the community management role may be a separate (although related) function due to the volume of work required. Online Community Management encompasses various objectives, our focus in this track will be those objectives driven by marketing needs.
Students taking the Social Media Specialist Track are required to take the following courses:
- The Digital Marketing Plan (intermediate level)
- Social Media Marketing (intermediate level)
- Online Community Management (intermediate level)
- Final Plan (Comprehensive Social Media Marketing Plan applied to an organization chosen by the student)
Carlo Ople is currently the Managing Director and Partner of DM9 JaymeSyfu’s digital outifit DIGIT. He is also the Editor-in-Chief and Founder of Unbox.Ph and The New Media Philippines. He was the Online Publishing Business Unit Head at TV5 after being Sr. Manager for ABC Development Corporation. He was also the Principal Consultant at Catalyst Interactive Marketing Inc. He also worked for Friendster as a Digital Marketing Manager, Level Up Games as Marketing Head for Casual Games Division, Marketing and Business Development Manager, Brand Manager for Ragnarok 2 and Fly for Fun.
Carlo is a Digital Marketing executive with solid background and intensive experience in online publishing, brand strategy, content marketing, online ad placements, product development, and social media.
He is a regular resource person and subject matter expert on Digital Marketing for conferences, summits, workshops, seminars, and media interviews. His professional goal is to uplift the standards of digital marketing in the Philippines and shift it to a more ROI-based practice.
Rezza is a highly creative and innovative think-tank of new and strategic marketing ideas that have turned brands around. She believes that ideation is the lifeblood of all things born awesome.
Has more than 8 years product management experience and over 16 years total marketing expertise, including 2 years of social media.
Digital marketing and social media is what gets her brain cells excited and pumping. Teaching and life coaching is what makes her life purpose truly fulfilling. Her Specialties are: Social media and digital marketing. Training, life coaching through NLP. Public speaking and event hosting.
Formulating marketing and communication strategies, planning and executing ATL, BTL and digital marketing programs and managing full-year A&P budgets. Managing 3rd party agencies (advertising, PR and other external vendors). Sales forecasting (topline and per-channel analysis and planning), inventory management, marketing services.
Social Media Director for Movent
Rosario Juan is the Social Media Director for Movent, a GroupM company (formerly NetBooster Asia) and a digital strategist for various small and medium enterprises. She is the founder of TweetupMNL, a meet up community for social media users and was recently appointed Lead for Google Business Group – Makati.
Ros is a digital strategist, specializing in social media integration. She is an advocate for community-building and collaboration — helping the offline go online and enabling the offline to interact online — and of social media for social good, leading and participating in causes such as #rescuePH and Twestival Manila.
How It Works
Step 1: Each course starts with an introductory lecture with our speakers from the industry.
Step 2: Followed by a 2-week online course, guided by an online facilitator.
Step 3: The output of each class is marketing brief/plan that you can use for work. In the summary session, you will present your work to a panel of experts via webinar who can give you practical feedback.
|Social Media Marketing Specialist Track Investment|
|The Digital Marketing Plan||Php 9,500|
|Social Media Marketing||Php 13,500|
|Online Community Management||Php 10,500|
|Final Plan||Php 9,500|
|Full Track Offer|
|Early Bird||Php 29,000|